Too bad there was never an El on 4th Ave, hereby officially renamed by FIPS proclamation: ”Brooklyn’s Boulevard of Broken Dreams.” After my little nine-hour tourist jaunt into the city last week, I have an answer. What 4th Avenue needs is not more Hotel Bleus but a High Line.
And give it an elevated bike lane too. Wasn’t Marty Markowitz trying to push that a while back on PPW?
I’m not kidding. I think this is the ticket.
- You could capitalize on the grunge factor.
- It would be a HUGE tourist destination.
- Thus: commerce and real estate opps abounding!
- There’s plenty of room.
- It would give the cars, bikes and people all their own places to be.
- It would give the area some much-needed green space.
- You could elevate the shops to be up at high line level.
And yes, I’m going to have to turn in my broken crackberry for an iphone.